WELCOME FRIENDS!!

Welcome to our Family's log. Hope you enjoy our updates of fun times and daily news

Saturday, April 4, 2009

We're So Proud

STUDENTS OF THE QUARTER


Although Austin and Riley were chosen as students of the quarter in January I haven't taken the time to say how proud I am of both of them. This was the first time they had received an award at school and were a little unsure about how to accept the the praise from our kind principles. There's a first time for everything. Although they were a little nervous I could still see them glowing with excitement behind their awkward smiles.
Since the beginning of the school year I have been amazed how much they have grown up during this past 1st grade year. It seems like everyday as we drive away from school I am encountered with a new "what is ....." question or "how does....work" or they ever popular WHY questions. Often times I have to think a minute inorder to give the best and most simple descriptions or definitions and answers to their curious questions. All these great questions show me how much they are learning at school and how much MORE they want to learn.
It's been almost 8 months of learning to read. I am amazed at how one day they are struggling to understand the sounds that letters make and the concept of how to sound out words and a little bit at a time, and also memorizing site words day after day; and then one day it just CLICKS. They can read!! And they LOVE to READ. Even Austin can read words on the closed captioning as they scoot quickly past.
I know they are proud of themselves and their accomplishments.
I LOVE THEM SOO much
Principle Dr Waltman and Asst Tim Ramsey




2 comments:

Diane said...

Yeah Riley and Austin. You guys are great. I also loved Lydia laughing. so cute.

Diana Hawkins said...

Congratulations, Austin and Riley! What a great accomplishment!

You two are top notch.