WELCOME FRIENDS!!

Welcome to our Family's log. Hope you enjoy our updates of fun times and daily news

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Austin's Preconceived Ideas


This is so cute I just had to share it.


After the second day of riding the school bus Austin informed me that he didn't want me to meet him at the bus stop and walk home with him. He felt like he knew how to get home by himself without my help. Honestly I believed he could also, but thought it would be fun to welcome him home as the bus rolled up. In addition to not wanting me to meet him he also had a preconceived idea about how I should greet him as arrived home. I was not aware of this idea until he came home and found me busily working-vaccuming the car in the garage. His first words were "mom, you're not suposed to be out here when I come home I wanted you to be inside and when I open the door I will say "Maaawwwm IIImmm Hooommme".

So unaware of how I was supposed to greet him this is how our "role play" went. It took me 3 times to figure out what he had invisioned in his mind.

1. The first time I went inside and waited right by the door so that when he opened it I was right there ready to hear him say the critical words. Well that wasn't quite right. "you're supposed to be upstairs when I say it" Oh OK Let's try it again.

2. I ran to the top of the stairs and waited a minuet more for him to say "Maaawwwm III'mmm Hooommme". No! you're not supposed to be at the top of the stairs, in your bedroom in the chair. Oh Ok let's try it again

3. 3rd times a charm. I did it exactly as he described. He opened it door wide, said the words, ran up the stairs, found me in my room, in the chair reading (pretending)and gave me a BIG welcome home hug and kiss.

Wow, I don't know why that is how he invisioned the end of a long school day, but I loved it and too cute not to remember. (too many Leave it To Beaver shows on PBS)

No comments: