WELCOME FRIENDS!!

Welcome to our Family's log. Hope you enjoy our updates of fun times and daily news

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Like many of you, I am a Fan of General conference. Each day when I choose to read a new conference talk I become more and more amazed and in greater awe in the men and women who are called to lead this church at this time.



Sister Dalton's talk "A Return to Virtue" lifted me up today. You will have to read it for yourself and see if you get a spiritual boost too.

http://lds.org/ldsorg/v/index.jsp?vgnextoid=2354fccf2b7db010VgnVCM1000004d82620aRCRD&locale=0&sourceId=7c464bb52a73d110VgnVCM100000176f620a____&hideNav=1



After she described what virtue is and why she hopes now more than ever we seek for it and live virtuous lives she wrappes it all up. I love the very last paragraph the most.



"I testify that a return to virtue is possible because of the Savior's example and the "infinite virtue of His great atoning sacrifice" I testify that we will be enabled and strengthen no only to do hard things but to do all things. Now is the time for each of us to arise and unfurl a banner to the world calling for a return to virtue. May we so live that we can be instruments in preparing the earth for HIS second coming. "that when he shall appear we shall be like him,.. purified even as his is pure"

1 comment:

eternity4us said...

Jeanette, you amaze me and I have such an great respect and admiration for the type of woman, wife, mother and friend you are and I miss you as my Visiting Teacher. I love to go into your blog and also Debra's to see what you are doing. I'm sorry I can't be part of your choir but at this time in my life it is out of my hands. Love you, Kay