WELCOME FRIENDS!!

Welcome to our Family's log. Hope you enjoy our updates of fun times and daily news

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Getting Ready for Baby


This weekend the whole family helped prepare for the coming of a new baby. We converted Dad's office in to a nursery. The boys loved helping dad take apart his desk and use the power tools to put it back together. They must have been inspired by the tools and how much fun they are, because Austin immediately got out his own set from Home Depot, courtesy of grandpa Dennis, and started working away. They haven't played with that set in a really long time, I guess they just needed a good example and a fun reason to break it out of the closet again.
I was impressed how they both kept themselves busy all day helping, playing and being mischievous so that we could work on getting the crib together, organize clothes and gifts and feel ready for when ever She arrives.

We had a little dispute about the red gingham sheet on the crib. After I pleaded my case of needing to girly up the safari animals a little more and how red is my favorite color Kevin gave in and let me do what I wanted. Later he said that it looked really cute and can't wait to use the changing table to change dirty diapers :) {no, he didn't really say that)

These last 3 weeks of waiting and anticipation are harder to wait than the previous 7 months. It's Killing ME!! Good thing the next weeks are filled with school responsibilities and last minuet details so I don't have to just sit "waiting" watching my belly grow and move.


















5 comments:

bethany said...

i'm glad you're getting everything all set up! I think the bedding looks really cute-not too boyish at all!! I love the red gingham!!
Isn't it funny how the last few weeks are always the slowest!? :)
All I can say is at least people know you're 9 months pregnant and haven't just eaten a lot of bon bons lately!!

Michelle said...

I agree that the red gingham really does make it look more feminine. Looks great!

Diane said...

I think it looks darling. I have a red gingham sheet and it is my favorite. I am not sure if I am going to make it to get the pedicure this week. It is SO crazy. Stop by on Thursday though. At least you can see the new house.

Nicole said...

Way to go on the nursery! it looks like a nice place to nurse at 3:00 am or enjoy quiet snuggle moments. hey, 3 weeks is no big deal, remember that the baby is sooo much easier when she is on the inside... have fun, can't wait to see you in June!

Melissa Brown said...

What a cute bedroom! You seriously look small for how far you are! I heard you are getting induced soon. Good luck! And I really enjoyed having you as my visiting teacher. Here's our blog address melissaandadam.blogspot.com